Thursday, March 31, 2011

Did yesterday even happen?

So my audition day has come and gone and I'm wondering if it was all a dream.
I was in Florida for less than 24 hours and it all went by in a blur.

So it all started on Tuesday the 29th. I got finished with classes, took my math test and then met my Dad at my dorm. We waited for my friend Kendra to be done with classes and then we headed off to King Of Prussia mall. We ate dinner there and then continued on to the Philly Airport. Our flight was a little delayed so I think we left around 8:30. We got to Florida, picked up the rental car and then went right to our Hotel. Even though I went to bed around 11:30 I couldn't fall asleep. I never go to sleep that early anyway and I was nervous for the next day. Plus my dad decided to snore a bunch. So I woke up around 4:55 and got up to take a shower and get ready. We got breakfast around 6 and then left super early. We got to the Animal Kingdom Rehearsal Hall around 7:15 and there were already a few people in line. We waited there for about an hour, met up with Crystal and then they started letting people inside.
Once we were inside they measured our height [I was 62 inches] and then we got a number. I was 24 and Kendra was 25. They split us up into groups of 60 and then took us to another room. In there we learned a super short combination, simple movements like marching and skipping, and we did that a few times across the floor to music. After that they cut people right away. Out of the 60 about 15 of us got to stay. We then moved to a different room and we stayed in there for about and hour and a half. During that time we filled out some paper work and they took our picture. Other groups also kept coming in. Then they took us and we went back into the larger room.
The next step was the animation and the harder dance routine. They combined the two and taught it to us all at once. Then they told us to go into the hallway and we would go in by groups of six. People were eliminated from these groups, sometimes 1 person made it, sometimes none, and in the case of my group all of us made it.
They told us to go sit on the benches and wait. Kendra and I just sat there, stunned that we even made it this far. We soon realized that not many people were staying by the benches. Finally we counted and we were like...wow...there are only 13 of us left! 13 out of the 300 [give or take a few people that we saw were taken away for face characters, those lucky ducks]. So then we did the same combination in smaller groups and they filmed us. After that about 4 other people were asked to stay and from what I heard they just learned a completely different combination. But we were told that we did a great job and they would be emailing us in the next few weeks!
After the day was over, Kendra and I were exhausted and starving. The audition lasted, for us, from 6AM to 1PM, with no food. So we met up with my Dad and my friend Victoria and we went to have a fabulous meal at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Then we did some brief shopping at Downtown Disney, headed to the airport, and then we came home. Believe me I did not want to return! The weather was so lovely and it was torture being in Disney but not being able to visit any of the parks!
But overall, it was an amazing experience. Of course there is that uncertainty about what they would cast me as or even if I would get cast or not. Obviously I hope for the best because this is what I really want to do. I just hope Disney saw some potential in me because I certainly tried my hardest. And even if I don't make it, its great to know that I made it that far in the audition process.

I can't believe the next time I'll be in Disney will be the day I move in on August 17th. I'm just so ready for that day to be here. I can't wait to meet everyone and start working in the most magical place on earth!
So, I will let you guys know if I hear anything from Disney, but in the meantime, have a magical day!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great audition!! I'm so happy for you. Fingers crossed that you'll hear something soon. I've auditioned for Disney twice (for vocalist calls both times) but very few people have been called back either time I've been there. Ah well..

    :-)
    Michelle (yesterdayschild on tumblr)

    ReplyDelete